Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Introducing FREEDOM!

Last weekend away with family at Auckland was well spent. I've been so enriched in every way after hanging out with the most amazing human being on earth! Yeh, my family is awesome and always will be a source of inspiration to me. I love how mum & dad never stop being an example of wise, selfless parents/parents-in-law to us also how Mich steps into this new season of being a mum with such a champion spirit. The moments I got to witness how my family live out their convictions are truely priceless.

After 2 weeks of waiting, I got to meet the little munchkin Freedom for the first time who is absolutely sensational! When I looked at his little face of 2 weeks old I can't help but think of the Psalmist's beautiful description of God's masterpiece - humanity - as "fearfully and wonderfully made", in His own image.
Indeed every detail I observed on the delicate face and body of my little nephew reflects the absolute precision and perfection of God.

We spent the weekend celebrating yet another CNY together as a family also the "wonders and miracles" within our family, including the new addition to the Tongas, the Hookers' first pregnancy also Aaron & Tracy's wedding which is only few weeks away.

It was in the midst of our celebration God reminded me that He is no less powerful, good & faithful in this season of joy as He is in the midst of our struggles. He IS afterall the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

We all know it is easiler to see the greatness and beauty of God when our circumstances encourage the feeling of happiness and gratitude. However, I have not forgotten that He who came and walked amongst us dressed in human flesh also gave His precious Spirit to us to empower us to maintain a posture of gratefulness and praise in every seasons of life - even when our external world does not change for the better.

Most importantly, He who is constant in His characters and eternal in His nature is also - LOVE.
God is love. Love never fails.

I can't finish this blog without showing off this handsome boy, so here you go!




2 comments: